Delicious blueberry muffins with a cream cheese and honey center!
Blueberry Surprise Muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup blueberries (if frozen, thaw)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- For the filling: Beat the cream cheese and honey. Stir in the lemon zest.
- For the muffins: Whisk egg, milk and oil. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Slowly mix the dry and wet ingredients. The batter will be lumpy. Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Add a level tablespoon of batter to liners. Drop a rounded tsp of filling into the center of each muffin. Gently press the filling into the batter.
- Top with a level tablespoon of batter.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before diving in!
Recipe by: Elizabeth Sears
Share this post
- Tags: recipes