This warm blueberry sauce is perfect over ice cream, waffles, cheesecake or pancakes. Made with fresh or frozen blueberries and ready in minutes!
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (Add more for a rich, sweet sauce and less if you're watching your diet)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- Pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, combine the berries, water, sugar and lemon juice. Stir frequently and bring to a low boil over medium heat.
- Whisk the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the mixture to the blueberries and simmer until the sauce reaches the thickness you want. This usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lemon zest and cinnamon. These are optional.
- It's delicious while it's warm. Pour it over a slice of cheesecake or serve it over vanilla ice cream. Or let it cool... it's still just as yummy!
If your blueberry sauce is too thick, add water until you reach the consistency you're after.
Share this post
- Tags: recipes